Ek Kathak Aur Uski Kathayen

Friday, September 24, 2004

Classroom Capers #1

I don't like multiple postings on one day, however this was too funny to resist. I just hope this doesn't get lost as an esoteric joke.

There used to be this kiddie rhyme, "Little Peter rabbit had a fly upon his nose.... etc"

Me and Dan, did a spoof on it.

Little <insert name> had a butterfly upon his nose,
a butterfly upon his nose,
a butterfly upon his nose,
Little <insert name> had a butterfly upon his nose,
and he flicked it to compute a FFT!!

For the uninitiated, this has something to do with fast fourier transforms in digital signal processing, if you still don't get it, drop it, its not worth your time!

Incidentaly, this is the same prof who once unknowingly made a rhyme,

"In the digital domain
It is all, a number game"

Awesome.... whatcha think... Dan, Bi, Lover..... ???????



6 Comments:

  • At 12:21 AM, September 25, 2004, Blogger Daneshia said…

    Hey K, don't you think you are taking credit for nothing? I shall mind it very much if it happens again!
    Not that you need to do this!
    Well whatever, this post is too good! And it really makes DSP seem interesting!!!
    Enjoyed today right?
    Looking forward to singing more songs with you! Even the kiddie rhymes! Meet you tomorrow. :P

     
  • At 7:17 AM, September 25, 2004, Blogger Kathak - The Story Teller! said…

    What credit art thou talking about? The rhyme... I did say, "me and dan" or pointing out that he speaks in rhymes... in that case, my apologies!

    Okay world... it was, Dan's astute observation skills that pointed out, "in the digital domain...... "

    Now I've done my good deed for the day!
    When are you updating your blog??

     
  • At 7:47 PM, September 26, 2004, Blogger Daneshia said…

    Yeah, my observation skills apart, I meant the rhyme, it was entirely mine.
    Yeah, high time I updated my blog, shall do it soon.
    Coming to college tomorrow? Guess you will, you need just the slightest reason to attend college!
    :D

     
  • At 7:53 PM, September 26, 2004, Blogger Kathak - The Story Teller! said…

    But the last line was mine! I gave it a proper form to fit the tune. But if you like, you can take the credit :-)

    Its all yours!!

    Cheers,
    K

     
  • At 10:54 PM, September 26, 2004, Blogger Daneshia said…

    !!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 5:53 AM, September 27, 2004, Blogger Kathak - The Story Teller! said…

    bole toh?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home