Ek Kathak Aur Uski Kathayen

Monday, July 11, 2005

Nostalgia #1

On 27th June, 2005 my association of 33120 hours (that is 1380 days) with engineering college that started on 17th September, 2001 came to an end.

And today the last of the *scrap* papers destroyed. All the papers and datasheets and graphs and diagrams that I had stored with the idea "you never know when I might need it", though I still wonder what the need might have been! Unless you consider a weird sort of an attachment with the papers!

Dear readers, you can ignore the rest. It's an exercise in self-whatever!
Also, on re-reading I don't think it's quite coherent and articulate, but that's what it is. Inarticulate feelings!

Out came visiting card size bunches of papers with all sorts of formulae written, right from first semester Mathematics until almost 5th and some 6th semester subjects. Admitted, that was all I would ever write but it was quite heartening going over every little thing I had written! And then suddenly feeling a void over all those notes taken down in class that were on their way to the raddiwala. I think it was the most painful thing on planet earth to destroy those notebooks! More painful than it would be for anyone to break up with their boyfriends! Trust me, it is simpler letting go of a person than it is of those notes!! One by one they would come out, I would flip through them, read the silly things I wrote in class in *chat* conversations exchanged with fellow class mates. And then remember details of what happened in what lecture and what the prof said while teaching what! And then add the books to the pile of raddi. By the end of it, it actually got too much for me and then I picked back my electronic design notebooks and my project(s) notes, under the excuse that "The notes are good. Ankita can use them when she does engineering". Only problem being, what if she never does get into this murky business called engineering. Talk about piling on scrap! But I still can't part with them. There's so much of me in them... Gawd, I think I'm going to go all sentimental just thinking of it all!

And then there have been these conversations with a friend whenever we meet up. The going over how "silly" M1, M2 and M3 were. And the crazy things we did in the papers, actually remembering each and every detail, every exam paper, every viva, every practical exam! I think I'm seriously going to do that series - This post truncated here, next post coming up soon!

2 Comments:

  • At 6:28 PM, July 11, 2005, Blogger Unknown said…

    You keep old notes.. I gave my M3 last sem but I got rid of them as soon as my exams where over...
    You're the real deal kathak

     
  • At 7:48 AM, July 12, 2005, Blogger Kathak - The Story Teller! said…

    Akshay, yes I kept all of them. Like my prized posessions! Was (am) attached to them like silly. Only now, they probably might be used to wrap and sell food on the roadside :(

    And, I don't buy the You're the real deal kathak

    :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home