Ek Kathak Aur Uski Kathayen

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

... and everybody thinks it was an accident

The first time I met him was in a hotel room. Not the sleezy "pick up" kind of hotels, but the finest of them. That incidentally is the place where I meet all my lovers; each and every one of them, including Sumit.

Mine is not your regular story. My story is slightly different. I never ran away from home to be picked up by a guy who runs a brothel and put into sex trade. I calculated the risk and got myself into it. I'm not the cliche the documentary filmmakers and social workers talk about; the kinds they pride in telling you. Speaking in a bloody condescending manner like they're doing a world of good. I think they're just bitches all around with such shoddy and sad sex lives that they would enjoy more with battery operated vibrators, if you get my point. I don't believe in the vibrators either; I'm a proud whore and I take pride in teaching the art of lovemaking to the crappiest of them "lovers".

Coming back to my story, I was the typical middle class girl who grew up influenced by the school of thought that said sex wasn't bad, it wasn't a taboo. I also realised the quick money in the business and I loved money. I loved finery; rich clothes, jewels and the finest of food money could buy. I knew the risks. I also knew for a girl like me I need the right contacts, and contacts, for a urban girl like me were aplenty... like how men hang around a good looking woman. All those rich kids looking for a thrill, a change... just one night of pleasure. And what I night!!! Those sexy cars, the plush hotel rooms, great food and 5000 rupees in one night. All in hard cash. Pretty straight.

My parents? Well, I told them I work in a call centre. Not very off the truth, is it?
Got married. To a "colleague's friend."
Who I met at a "social dinner."

I saw all kinds of the men.
Sampled each and every one of them.
Taught them a lot, learnt a lot.
I still relied on Public transport though, since I never knew how to drive.
Enjoyed a lot. A hell lot.
Sex. Money. That must be what they call heaven!

-----
Sumit was a nice guy.
Now he's dead.
His wife killed him.
All those who die are "nice guys", but this one genuinely was.

He's dead, because he accused his wife of being a whore in less than 2 days after his wedding. And he didn't want to be married to a whore.
She was a whore.
Only he didn't know that.
He thought she was his friend's ex.

She knew he didn't know the truth about her. She didn't intend him finding out either. She just hoped to keep juggling her business around like she did with her parents. There was only one mistake. But that's history anyway, why talk about it?

She inherited all his money.
But she stills works, still averages 75000 rupees per month, all in cash.
She still uses public transport to get around for work, because she never knew how to drive.

-----
I killed my husband, and everybody thinks it was an accident.

17 Comments:

  • At 11:35 AM, May 25, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bold one k.
    But where are we heading with the story..?? Ultimately everyting will come to a halt.
    What do u say?

    -Parag.

     
  • At 1:39 PM, May 25, 2005, Blogger Sudhakar said…

    I know of some other accident and the victim had dislocated his wrist. Is this story inspired by the real life accident?

     
  • At 5:02 PM, May 25, 2005, Blogger Kathak - The Story Teller! said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 5:03 PM, May 25, 2005, Blogger Kathak - The Story Teller! said…

    Charlie, lol!!!!!!!

    No, this story is not inspired by the real life acident of Mr. Dislocated Wrist :)

     
  • At 5:05 PM, May 25, 2005, Blogger Kathak - The Story Teller! said…

    Parag, that deleted comment was for you. I'll re-type it in some time... There was a mess up and some garbage got inserted mysteriously!

     
  • At 5:53 PM, May 25, 2005, Blogger Kathak - The Story Teller! said…

    Parag, where are we heading with the story?

    1. The man is dead. She killed her husband, so obviously the husband cannot be a part of the story.
    2. As far as i'm concerned, the story is also over.

    But, the story could head to many places. like the Income Tax deptt could get in the way. Or one of her "lovers", or maybe she could marry the gali ka gunda, or an Internatioanl gunda, or maybe she could rot in jail.

    Or maybe she also dies at the end. At the ripe old age of 80. She also could be dead. Finished. Over.
    :))

     
  • At 5:56 PM, May 25, 2005, Blogger Daneshia said…

    Dear Storyteller Kathak, damn cool story, i liked it. Maybe you cud write a series of stories abt the "crappy lovers". Maybe u cud have all of them killed! :D
    God, plz rest Sumit's soul in peace.

     
  • At 5:59 PM, May 25, 2005, Blogger Daneshia said…

    This one's for Agent R!
    Agent R, why do you think I've been studying too much! Plz, do not make me feel guilty! Jale pe namak mat cchidko!

     
  • At 7:01 PM, May 25, 2005, Blogger Kathak - The Story Teller! said…

    Danny!!!! I liked it that you found my story "damn cool"!!!!! Yayyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!

    I could do a series about the crappy lovers :D
    Ha Ha!! This is so funny. Maybe I'll do it, maybe not. I donno!!!!!

    But it's an idea :))

     
  • At 9:03 PM, May 25, 2005, Blogger S m i t h a said…

    :)) good style of naration. but poor guy Sumit :( could have at least made him go with some other women instead of killing him :((

     
  • At 12:00 PM, May 26, 2005, Blogger Kathak - The Story Teller! said…

    Mathi Boy.......!!! So much of sympathy for Sumit!!!!

     
  • At 2:46 PM, May 26, 2005, Blogger AmitKen said…

    good one.. nice style :)

     
  • At 7:50 PM, May 26, 2005, Blogger Kathak - The Story Teller! said…

    Amitken, Thank You :)

     
  • At 12:54 AM, May 27, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    nice story kathak!

    but poor sumit...how can you kill him kathak? very bad !
    you can't go around killing people...i feel bad for sumit!

    Agent R!

     
  • At 11:42 AM, May 27, 2005, Blogger Kathak - The Story Teller! said…

    Agent R, Thank You.

    But I had to kill Sumit. It was a direct choice, you or Sumit. I chose you. That's because I love you so much.

    Mera pyar pagal pan ki saari seemayein paar kar chuka hai. Abh tumhare liye, mein kuch bhi kar sakti hoon. Kisi ko bhi, kahin bhi, kabhi bhi, jo bhi mere raaste mein aaye, use uth kar alag kar doongi. Yadi tum bhi mere pyar ke beech aayi, tumne bhi agar mujhse bewafai kari, to tumhe bhi
    *lots of evil laughter*

     
  • At 6:20 PM, May 28, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    shiv..shiv..shiv..
    Arey kathak kya tumhe aisi baaatein karna shobha deta hai woh bhi khule aam logon ke samne...aur rahi meri baat tumhe kya lagta hai kya mein tumse bewafai kar sakti hoon?

    Agent R!

     
  • At 1:33 AM, May 29, 2005, Blogger Kathak - The Story Teller! said…

    Agent R, kya pyar ka ikrar karna shoba nahi deta, to kya shoba deta hai????

     

Post a Comment

<< Home