Ek Kathak Aur Uski Kathayen

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Captcha's for blogger?

Some days ago, I edited a published post and noticed a small text box that I had to manually fill in before it let me publish my edited post. Which I thought was pretty neat because blogger has been publishing posts of mine before I could either hit the publish button or the keyboard shortcut for it (ctrl+s, that I came across once upon a time when I accidentally hit it, subconciously thinking I was working in MS Word.)

For the fun of it I edited another couple of posts on various occasions (including the same post again) and never noticed the captcha again.

Anyone else came across it, or is it just me?

2 Comments:

  • At 4:29 PM, May 23, 2005, Blogger Unknown said…

    I personally hate captcha,I heard that blogger was putting on to prevent people spamming using blogger. But I'm sure as soon as they must have implemented it, they're must have been a string of angry emails and [most probably] blog posts.
    Also Captcha I've heard is not very freindly to people who are visually challenged, who use text readers.

     
  • At 5:19 PM, May 23, 2005, Blogger Kathak - The Story Teller! said…

    I personally hate captcha

    I'm not very fond of them either. Specially when they do not believe i'm human and keep coming up with crazy and even more crazy and then all the more crazy combinations of squiggly things which are supposed to resemble letters from the english alphabet.

    Otherwise I guess they're okay. Even the blogger one was okay. But yeah, you have a point ab't ppl who are visually challenged and those who use text readers.

    In fact not just visually challenged ppl, what about ppl like me using shoddy and cheap LCD monitors. Sometimes it gets irritating on the eye... more so when they try psychedelic combinations!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home