Ek Kathak Aur Uski Kathayen

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Day 4 !

In the last four years of engineering every conceivable problem on planet earth could be explained with

1. Noise.
2. High/low frequency spikes/transients.
3. Bandwidth/data rate/transistor switching speed
4. Line delay
5. Line of sight
6. EMI/RFI
7. Power factor

Among these 7 points each and every problem, regardless of the subject could be explained. In worse cases a scenario like:

Examiner: So, when you do have a limitation on the switching speed of the IGBT, why don't you use MOSFETs that switch at a much higher speed. While the answer should have stayed clear of point 5, you do come up with smart arse answers like "Sir, could it be because of line of sight?"

And then we wonder why those examiners give us the "you're not fit to be engineers looks!"

However, when this young lady tells me "I want to declare 100 variables and not use an array because I don't like for loops and I'm more comfortable.... blah blah" I wish I could tell her, "And if you do, there would be high frequency spikes that would interfere with the signal and increase the RFI making it necessary for you to use bulky filters and power factor correction!" And then with sadistic pleasure watch the expression on her face.

8 Comments:

  • At 5:48 PM, July 20, 2005, Blogger S m i t h a said…

    (Y) (Y) two thumbs up! the 7 points funda was very useful...will try it on some unsuspecting interviewers.
    where is this Aptech? i want to meet this 100-variable-young-lady.

     
  • At 7:37 PM, July 20, 2005, Blogger Sudhakar said…

    Smitha, how many ladies u want to meet? U keep meeting ladies. lol.

     
  • At 7:37 PM, July 20, 2005, Blogger Sudhakar said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 7:39 PM, July 20, 2005, Blogger Sudhakar said…

    The removed comment was a ditto of the prev one.

    K, I didn't understand those 7 pts. But never waste time explaining it to me. But that 100-variable-young-lady really likes to do things in the simplest (hardest?!) ways one can think of. LOL.

     
  • At 8:35 PM, July 20, 2005, Blogger Kathak - The Story Teller! said…

    Mathi boy, Charlie, lol!

    Yeah, but what's with you and ladies Mathi boy?
    Charlie, hi5!

     
  • At 10:44 PM, July 20, 2005, Blogger Pearl said…

    I didn't quite understand your 7 points but regardless I wish you taught me C. You know you're so much better than KJ who taught me. She didn't teach anything much of pointers and you teach soooooo much pointers :(

    Will you teach me C++?
    I won't even ask you silly questions!!
    I'm a very smart kid, and you're a very nice teacher
    :*
    muuaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

    Love,
    Me!!!!!

     
  • At 10:56 AM, July 23, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Point blank you're heading for murder very soon da'lin........:P
    g

     
  • At 11:05 PM, July 24, 2005, Blogger Kathak - The Story Teller! said…

    Pearl, you're a nice girl! Shall teach you C++
    Muuaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

    G, lol! With the lady in question, I sure am.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home