Ek Kathak Aur Uski Kathayen

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Quote for the day...

Why do people assume that I will by default leave my current job within a year of joining by virtue of one year getting over??

Its been a year and eight months here and the first question I hear when I meet someone is,
"You still with Wipro?!???"
And when I answer
"Yes", I get all assorted reactions from
1. Nice
What do I make of that?
2. Still????
Err... Am I supposed to play musical jobs?
3. Haven't you started job searching yet?
Was a I supposed to?
4. Lazy, huh?
Excuse me!

One lady who didn't know me for more than 30 seconds, and only knew that I'm with my current employer since a little over a year and a half even said
"Isnt that illegal", I still haven't been able to figure out what she meant.
Illegal - So sue me! Lol!!

6 Comments:

  • At 2:50 AM, June 03, 2007, Blogger S m i t h a said…

    haha.. its all part of the package deal.
    imagine me & niket, being with the same company for 4.5 yrs now. even our managers are beginning to get annoyed by us.

     
  • At 2:07 PM, June 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    very true...
    you second my thoughts..
    U know ppl start doubting ur capabilities.. :O

    Then they keep asking same question every six months.. are you still with same company..??

    what the hell..

    -Parag

     
  • At 10:46 AM, June 16, 2007, Blogger Madhusudhanan said…

    "Stagnant water loses its purity"

    Whether its same company or moving to a different company, all depends on How exciting your day is.

     
  • At 1:16 PM, July 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    that illegal thingie almost killed me! LOL
    hahahhahahahhaha cant stop laughing

     
  • At 3:31 PM, October 07, 2007, Blogger some1unowell said…

    Y do u think i changed my job.. ofcourse its illegal :D

     
  • At 11:57 AM, November 13, 2007, Blogger Alpana Kulkarni said…

    Hello,

    Was just going through Indian bloggers profile when came across ur blog!
    I just can't stop laughing.. :)
    But to be honest with you, I have a track record of changing job each year. I donno if this is what happening around as well. But truly speaking - wanna stay in one company for at least 2-3 years. I think if you need to learn and actually understand what the company is into and how best can you contribute to its growth - 2 to 3 years time span is required. So now if I change the job - gonna stay there for 2 to 3 years at least(cross ur fingers!). I hope to be successful in that! :) wish me luck! ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home