Ek Kathak Aur Uski Kathayen

Saturday, January 08, 2005

Never, never again!

1) I have this obsessive compulsive disorder to speak a little tooooooo much, always!
2) I also have an obsessive compulsive disorder to answer to professors in class... even when they ask questions where they do not want any answers.
3) Next is to ask waaayyyyyy to many questions.
4) Also to display my knowledge (or the lack thereof, in the process putting my rather large foot in my mouth... remember that chat Smitha? )

And so it goes...

And then there's this professor... we call him the IT God, and that has nothing to do with Information Technology. He's the "In The Good Old Days" guy! Dan also calls him the YSA guy... because he adds "You See Always" to every statement he makes.

For instance, "Medium wave propogation is used to radio, you see always"

Alternately, "Just because you heard the term line of sight propogation once it does not mean you use it everywhere, you see always"

Or even, "If I interview communication engineers like you, I'll get you out of my office at once, you see always"

But thats not what the rant is all about, although it could have been what the rant was all about!

Its been some 6-7 classes the man's taken, and he's got his amazing ability to not hear what you answer, and later say the same thing all over again... makes you want to scream in exasperation! It doesn't help that I keep opening my big mouth with such regualarity that it would put Shekhar Suman to shame. And the one off times he does manage to hear what you said, I can bet you my first salary it was something wrong! (Please note, I said I *can* bet, but never mentioned anything about actually betting)

It also doesn't help that the man's so touchy about everything, and rather than giving an answer he's more interested in proving how wrong the rest of the world is. Yes, I do understand he's been into communications ever since times immortal and is the GOD of Television Engineering and knows every fucking waveform better than Michael Schumacher knows the racing line at Sepang but that doesn't change the fact that the other professors have been doing their job, and to the best of their capability! (I wonder why I'm suddenly feeling so over-protective to a fellow I almost consider an idiot)

My point being?
Today, after innumerable not-being-heard scenarios to foot-in-mouth rather way too much, my good friend Agent R told me "yaar, tu apna bada mooh band hi rakh!"

I think I should take the Agent's advice, else like another friend of mine "Saturday", as you might know her from a few posts earlier, would say I would once end up telling the fellow (which I almost did today) "toh mein kya kannadi mein bol rahi thi"!

/rant

On the positive side... there's this pesky woman in my class. Ms-know-it-all who doesn't know anything! (It doesn't help I consider myslef along with a handful of others like Dan, Saturday, the immortal bf's girl R, and an interim topper GD too good for my class, but thats another blog.)

On the first lecture the IT GOD asks, "so, why do you want to study consumer electronics? "

I really DO not want to, but its been forced upon me, and fortunately (in hind sight) I didn't say anything, but Ms-know-it-all comes up with "So that we can repair out home appliances"

Err.... whatever...

To which the IT GOD replies "there's this proverb in english, you see actually. Failure is not a crime, low aim is. So you should be thinking of yourself as desiners and engineers and not repair technicians blah blah blah......... "

lol!!

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home