Ek Kathak Aur Uski Kathayen

Friday, December 24, 2004

I ate dal-roti-chawal post #1

I never really thought I would fall for posting mundane details about my day. I sort of looked down upon posts that very happily gave an account of what the author had for breakfast, lunch and dinner and then the I-went-here and waited-for-my-boyfriend for a zillion hours and he-turned-up-late with a-dairy-milk-chocolate-with-lots-of-nuts and I-melted-in-his-arms blah blah blah blah!!

Btw, I HATE chocolates with nuts. Maybe it has something to do with bonding with the herd, but anyway, I hate nuts... like the nuts inside chocolates. Worst case scenario I eat the chocolate, get rid of the nuts. And Pearl, that could have been a Kronicle, but I stole it right under your nose!

But well, my dal-roti-chawal account!

I woke up at 9:00 am IST, and realised I overslept by a good 4 hours. I was supposed to wake up early. I didn't.... and no one decided to sue me. After lazying around, well after lazying around for a really long time, I took my car out to buy cabbage.... 9.5 Kgs of it, from the khet in the outskirts of Pune. Paid 17 rupees for 9.5 Kgs of cabbage. How I managed a round figure of 9.5 will remain a mystery! Now I'm wondering if I have to survive on cabbage soup + cabbage sabji + cabbge in everything for the next 2 weeks. I also realised I need to get that seat belt fixed. I wonder how my dad drove without seatbelts for 20 something years of his life. I still wonder how my mum drives. After which when I decided to sleep these juniors woke me up, they wanted some help.... and believe me when someone asks me stuff, I just cannot refuse! Then then then, I was getting bored, and then I started buzzing everyone on my contact list, and everyone off it! Now ironically, everyone on my contact list was offline, and everyone who was not on my contact list and I buzzed, was online!

And thats it people.... I may go to the gym now.

Thank you for bearing with this totally un-romantic account of my day! May grand-daddy up there bless you for bearing with me. And wish you all a Merry Christmas!!

5 Comments:

  • At 12:57 PM, December 25, 2004, Blogger Pearl said…

    Oh K!! How you love stealing the credit.

     
  • At 3:05 PM, December 25, 2004, Blogger Kathak - The Story Teller! said…

    Darling, Its not stealing the credit... its called giving you one post less ;-)

     
  • At 5:47 PM, December 25, 2004, Blogger Pearl said…

    Oh baby!! You're so terribly confused in life.Who's talking about the post, I'm talking about me and Mummy doing all the cabbage buying, while you sitting in the car, wrestling the seat belt(why don't you get it fixed?),tuning 93.9 outside Pune, giving flying kisses to people on an empty road(?)and wondering what's going on. Got it?? Credit Stealer!! Oh my poor confused didi muuuuaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

     
  • At 10:21 AM, January 24, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Kathak!!
    Long time man!! Wassup?? I see that things haven't changed much since i've been gone! You're still taking out your frustrations on your blogs and coming up with excessively useless, humourless, baseless and insane stories for your blog!! For Pete's sake ( hope you remember him!! :-)), get a life!!
    Neways, all the best for your future blogs (please have pity on us!)!
    Love ya! Mmmuaahh!!!


    The one and only Bisexual!!

     
  • At 6:09 AM, January 25, 2005, Blogger Kathak - The Story Teller! said…

    Bi, probably the word you're looking for is asinine? and yes, I do remember Pete, he's the *nice* guy!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home