Ek Kathak Aur Uski Kathayen

Sunday, October 24, 2004

Cesium 133 - #1

Everyday, at precisely 0249 hours in the morning, or late night if you prefer it that way, Rohan would wake up. Precisely at 0249, like it was something out of a ‘Ripley’s’! The time so precise that you could do away with the complex method to turn cesium atomic resonance into an atomic clock; it would be simpler to calibrate your clocks with the time he would wake up – 0249.

What followed next was a routine of blog-messenger-back to blog and then others. Log on to the computer, and on to his favourite blogger’s haven and then, “Damn, missed it again, by exactly 27 minutes.” The time stamp on the latest post was 0222 that day. He then logged on to the messenger to check if she was online, no luck here either, just a few offline messages, last one at 0238 when she could stay up no further and just had to go! On other days, it would be messenger first then the blog, just in case he managed to catch up with her. Just in case she posts late, just in case she’s up late chatting, just in case….

After some time of loitering on her blog, hitting ‘F5’ or ‘Ctrl-R’ alternately and, finally updating his blog after Rohan ensured all those refresh operations haven’t got him hit by the carpal tunnel syndrome, he would log off from the WWW, go back to sleep. “Sleep”, he mused, was something he needed. “Afterall, tomorrow is a long day, and I just have to look for a job.”

Long before 0430 he would be back to sleep.


And so the story goes, everyday!

7 Comments:

  • At 12:01 AM, October 25, 2004, Blogger Daneshia said…

    What's the matter K? A proper story plz!!! Never thought you'd write abt some unemployed man who just chats and blogs and "loiters" on some girl's blog! Next you'll be writing abt some frog!
    Is this becoz of too much studying! God help K!
    Anyways, love u as ever, do keep writing!

     
  • At 9:23 AM, October 25, 2004, Blogger Kathak - The Story Teller! said…

    Danny... Danny... Danny,

    There I was thinking you would laud my creativity, please note the title, "Cesium 133" and if nothing else, give me credit for that! And you tell me I would next be writing about a frog???? Now that gives me ideas, but don't ask me what ideas... !!

    But don't worry, this story will soon turn into a "proper" story, or so I believe. I believe, because parts 2 and beyond are still in my mind and not in "rich text format" yet.

    But now that you make me think deeper getting the "studies" and all into the picture, I realise I haven't started studying yet, and the exam is soon, and I should be on a hiatus from blogging... Maybe the guy in my story is unemployed because I think thats whats going to happen to me. What if I don't clear the year, and my appointment letter subject to 60% aggregate goes into the paper shredder? Then all i'll be left doing is clearing AVE practicals and RMT theory for an entire year and loitering on ppl's blogs and chatting! There, Sigmund Freud, now I can also write a book - "The hidden meanings of stories you concoct"! I don't know how its connected to freud and dreams tho', but thats okay... I never said I speak logically connected sentences, just random words!

     
  • At 10:32 AM, October 25, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good work kathak..
    some thoughtful stuff ..!!!

    By the way thanks for educating me with "carpel tunnel syndrome" ..

    -Praga.

     
  • At 11:21 AM, October 25, 2004, Blogger Kathak - The Story Teller! said…

    Praga, you don't have to make a big issue of a typo! Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, does that satisfy you now?

    Btw, thanks for the calling it good work! Atleast someone appreciates the effort that went into calling it cesium 133!

     
  • At 9:47 PM, October 25, 2004, Blogger S m i t h a said…

    I see a lot of creativity. Analogies and technicalities-that-are-enjoyable... i like 'em.
    But u better be going somewhere with this... like Dan said, nobody likes an unemployed guy who wakes up everynight to chat and blog with some chick. What a loser! He reminds me someone i know.

     
  • At 2:23 AM, October 26, 2004, Blogger Unknown said…

    1 second = 9,192, 631,770 cycles of the standard Cs-133 transition .
    It will take several trillian more transitions to make anybody sleep.

     
  • At 3:46 PM, October 26, 2004, Blogger Kathak - The Story Teller! said…

    Smitha >>> I do plan to get somewhere with this, altho' I can't promise anything yet, not till its actually written down. And then there are these frogs that I keep seeing and thinking about, thanks to Dan! I'm just so tempted to write about a frog now... not just one frog but an entire array of them, or maybe multi-dimensional matrices of frogs!!!!

    Akshay >>> Would that mean that the guy Rohan would have to wake up at 0249 (9,192,631,770*n) times before anyone can caliberate their clocks?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home