Ek Kathak Aur Uski Kathayen

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

The year that was!

16th August 2004 blogger gave me a really warm welcome. It's been a long journey from the Take One days when I wasn't even sure if I'd post any more than 3-4 posts in a lifetime! It's been a year now, over 100 posts, no less!

Yes, this post will be one of those links-to-all-I-can and getting sentimental over every-fly-that-sat-near-me while I was typing kind of a post, so those who need to, please exit(0);

For starters, its been nice to see my readership grow from what it used to be in those August days! Like Smitha once said, a sister, one college mate, a token nice guy and two anagrams! That was us, those were the days. At this juncture I should claim credit for getting the sister and the college mate to blogging! It's not like I have hundreds of readers yet, though I would love to believe I do, yet as the readers trickle in, it does feel nice, you know :)
This past year has seen it all! A budding love story, which many believe to have started over late night and late morning chats over the yahoo messenger actually had its roots in here, where Mr. Smith, first met Mrs. Smith!

September brought back memories of old jokes from the 8051 days, broken backs, some recycled old posts, a Mills-and-Boonish tale in Part I and II, a bad attempt at writing babies in C to be bettered by the code generator we all love, some fame and what have you!

October saw heroics on display, with Mr. Bond introduced to all of us here along and Agent R's attempt to save the world.

November had more bad jokes, a love story gone bad, and Danny becoming a Superstar!

December should have been a bleak month due to the 7th semester exams but I was surprisingly quite prolific with stories by the sea, realisation of the value of 40, finally managing to complete Cesium 133 which was started wayyy back in October and lost track along the way. There was also some post for the heck of posting, the start of *regional language*... errr... Hindi blogging and before the new year came, we even managed to stereotype the folks from down South!

January was low on posts with only Sandy the loner-now-turned-code-generator worth a mention. February saw more of my obsession with the sea and a rather cheap attention-grabbing stunt! What is the height of depravity? A cheap, and cheap because its not original, un-original attention-grabbing stunt!!!

March not only kick-started the new F1 season, but also a new obsession for stories on obsession. All my favourite people were doing them, so I figured, "why not me?" And we moved on from the seas and the rains to the fields and the balconies! And pin drop Silence.

April was weird, to be honest! First I have this company called Mathematics falling all over me, and then some freak sells off the PM's residence for 35 million rupees... and another freak actually buys it! Secrets exchanged, Life-hits-you-on-the-head kind of realities, a lady in red, a monologue. Phew!! That with the journals all piling up, the project not yet documented and term end knocking at my door!

May was that time of the year when I should have been studying. A direct result was some insanity... actually a lot of it (!!), Aloha's that nobody understood, Anti-Engineering sms's exchanged at a frequency that could put an IGBT to shame, a story of that girl next door; memories of a hot summer afternoon.

Along with June came a couple of viruses. There was the meme and then there was the Ammani virus that has been spreading through the blogosphere faster than SARS ever did in China. Followed by an acknowledgement and another one!!

July got me a job, some tales on the job, random trivia, nostalgia and another micro-story. Come August and you meet Mr. LightBulb, my 100th post and, this ode to my blog, and to all the wonderful people I have come across! Thank you all who made my blogging for a year possible. Thanks Danny, Mathi Boy, Charlie, Pearl and other lurkers out there! Love you all!!!!!!

Cheers,
Kathak!

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home